Welcome to Special Beginnings
Please click on a section below for more information:
Special Beginnings Benefits
- Pregnant members who participate in Special Beginnings Care Coordination can receive a car seat and portable crib, at no charge.
- See the Car Seat and Portable Crib form and follow the instructions carefully.
- See the Safe Sleep for Your Baby tip sheet to learn how to keep your baby safe while sleeping. You’ll rest easier too!
- The WIC program helps provide healthy foods at no cost and teaches you about healthy eating.
- WIC can also guide you to other programs to help support you with your pregnancy.
- Make an appointment with WIC today!
- For more information, call
(866) 867-3124or visit the New Mexico Women, Infants and Children website .
Members may qualify for individual health coaching. BabySmart provides you with:
- Important pregnancy and new parent resources, support, tools, and rewards.
- Health Coaches that will check in with you throughout your pregnancy and after your baby is born.
- Achieving personal pregnacy and parenting goals.
BabySmart is offered through Centennial Rewards to all Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico pregnant moms and new parents. Earn a free gift just for registering for BabySmart!
Read here on how to join BabySmart.
The Maternal Mental Health Hotline is accessible by phone or text at
- The Maternal Mental Health Hotline is not intended as an emergency response line and individuals in behavioral health crisis should continue to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at
(800) 273-TALK (8255).
- Visit the National Maternal Mental Health Hotline website for more information.
- Learn more about this program.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico is a proud partner of the
Families FIRST Program .
- Who is eligible? Medicaid eligible pregnant women and children 0-3 years old.
- Families FIRST is a statewide program that provides services within the community to Prenatal and pediatric clients that need case management services.
- Zika Virus: Learn how to protect yourself and your baby from the Zika virus.
- Influenza (Flu) Virus: Learn how to protect yourself and your baby from the flu virus.
- Special Beginnings: Learn more about this program and the benefits available to you.
- NICU Care Coordination: Learn more about how Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico can help when babies are born too early.
- Some first-time mothers and families with children under 5 years of age may qualify to participate in the CHV program.
- If you’re interested in this program, send an email to: CHV@bcbsnm.com.
- Register for Special Beginnings: To register for Special Beginnings, please email us with your Member identification number, date of birth, and name and someone will call you to complete registration.
- Email: NMCNTLSpecialBeginnings@bcbsnm.com
- Phone: (888) 421-7781